158 8th Ave
QA Tester INew York, NY 5 Month Contract
We are a team working to get millions of employees and organizations to go 'Mobile First' with Android. The Android Enterprise team helps small and large organizations, educational institutions and government agencies to Client the wonders of going mobile and working smarter.
Your knowledge of mobile devices and experience with quality assurance (QA) processes will enable you to shape and execute our Android Enterprise Recommended (AER) device validation program. You will be the interface with device manufacturers that submit devices for validation, coordinating the testing of the devices and reporting the results. You will use your troubleshooting skills to help manufacturers pinpoint the cause of test failures so that they can quickly improve their devices and achieve AER status.Required Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science or additional 2 years of equivalent practical experience.
- Device testing/QA experience.
- Track multiple engagements at a time and report on progress regularly, always with an eye toward accuracy and scale.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written - keen eye for detail.
- Experience developing firmware for Android devices.
- Developer support experience with strong technical knowledge or professional consulting experience with such programs.
- Experience with EMM or Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) systems.
- Testing device submitted for AER validation, reporting passes and explaining failures, coordinating re-work and re-tests.
- Consult with manufacturers on technical issues based on in-depth product and technical knowledge of Android.
- Develop technical tools and documentation to expedite partner implementation and improve product serviceability.
- Provide product solution improvements and market opportunities to Product Managers and Engineering teams.
- Create highly effective developer validation programs, aimed at building a community of Android Enterprise partners.
Ascent is a leading national technology consulting and professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic consulting. Ascent s fundamental business is providing staffing services to Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, and Life Sciences. We focus the majority of our efforts in Staff Augmentation support of Large Enterprise Clients who utilize a Vendor Management System. Ascent works as both a reliable supplier in support of programs, as well as a Strategic Advisor in support of enterprise efforts to establish best in class preferred vendor programs. Ascent was ranked in the 2007 and 2008 Inc. 500 and recognized specifically for its innovative work in staff augmentation support of Large Enterprise preferred vendor accounts.
If you are ready to propel your career to new heights read on. We are looking for talented and dedicated colleagues to join our phenomenal team. At Ascent, we have created an environment where culture, commitment and opportunity converge to yield a truly unique place to work. We know that every employee has something important to say and that every employee is integral to our success. Where else can you walk over to a founder and talk about your ideas to help build our business and have that idea implemented in 48 hours? More importantly, we do everything we can to make sure our employees not only have great jobs, but great lives.
Associated topics: performance test, process, qa, quality assurance, quality assurance engineer, quality assurance lead, software quality engineer, software quality assurance engineer, test, test engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...