Cubic Mission Solutions
The primary role of this position will be supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) by performing the duties of a technical resource that provides daily oversight, management, and maintenance for a major Full Motion Video system. Apply systems engineering support to government and commercial customers.
Successful candidates will work with multicast content distribution, imagery dissemination, video processing and archiving, and other cutting-edge technologies. Our primary focus is finding candidates with potential who can adapt to a dynamic and should be results-oriented, and must have a strong desire to work in a team environment.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: The primary role of this position will be supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) by performing the duties of a technical resource that provides daily oversight, management, and maintenance for a major Full Motion Video system.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supporting a large scale full motion video architecture and proactively responding to and fixing issues with the application portal and networking backbone
* Read, review and troubleshoot existing & future program code
* Daily systems monitoring, including verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware and server resources
* Ensure server performance and maintain applications on servers
* In the event of network system or server malfunctions, diagnose problem and prepare and execute solutions with minimal interruption to basic services provided
* Responsible for performing Tier I/II network equipment and systems oversight
* Responsible for the application of advanced technical troubleshooting
* Assist Tier III personnel in solving basic technical problems and investigating issues
* Provide onsite installations or replacement of various hardware components, software repair, and the application of various diagnostic tools and testing
* Provide internal and external customers with responsive, concise and accurate status or service updates, issues and risks
* Interact in a technical team environment with software, network and systems engineers
* Identify, document, track and escalate issues to the Tier III support group as necessary
* Utilize network related protocols and services as well as LAN/WAN implementation and troubleshooting
* Provide assistance with large scale system implementation and operational support
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
* Assist in the development & management of systems in the AWS Cloud environment.
Minimum Job Requirements:
BS, preferably in computer science or similar experience with web based technologies, virtual operating environments (such as VMWare), and most common operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc).
Knowledge of WAN environments and supporting infrastructure. Knowledge of network architectures. Familiarity with full motion video technologies a plus.
Multi-disciplined and flexible to support both software or hardware based issues. Preferable to have DoD experience in a Network Operations Center or technical operations role. Understanding of basic programming and scripting, such as JAVA, HTML, ASP and C sharp a plus. Strong communication and customer service. Must have a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business needs.
Associated topics: cloud architect, equipment, information architect, maintenance, network, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, server, system architect, system integrator