- $68,346.67 -143,160.00/year*
158 8th Ave
NationSwell is on a mission to connect America s leading problem solvers and to accelerate the solutions that will move our country forward. We are a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
We advance our mission in three ways:
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter;
- Through our Publishing team - a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers.
The NationSwell Publishing Team is seeking a Senior Editor to ensure our work maintains its footing at the vanguard of solutions-based journalism in America. They will be chiefly responsible for elevating the excellence of our storytelling on a daily basis, inspiring their team members to produce more ambitious work in clear and timely fashion. This person will be a thought-leader for the Publishing platform, developing our journalists, producers and storytellers into the most excellent versions of their professional selves. They will work directly with every member of our team, and report into the Vice President of Published Content and Growth.
About three-to-five years experience in an editorial, newsroom or copywriting position is preferred, though all are welcome to apply.
This role could be a great fit if you:
- Believe that the best journalism is the kind that makes a measurable impact
- Know that spotlighting potential solutions is just as important as exposing problems
- Find joy in getting granular with filed copy
- Can deliver critical journalistic feedback that can still inspire its recipient
- Pride yourself on your diligence and your attention to detail
HOW YOU LL CONTRIBUTE
- Pitching 3 to 5 solutions based stories a week for reporters to pursue
- Editing and copyediting daily storyflow
- Optimizing stories for search and social prior to publication
- Managing the short and long term editorial pipeline
- Overseeing monthly freelance budget; handling invoices to ensure prompt payments
- Assigning more ambitious, longer-term journalistic enterprises
- Developing our journalists and documentarians into their best professional selves
- Liaising cross-platform with Studio and Council teams for published content
- Proven success editing or writing many different kinds of editorial content; basic proficiency with video narrative structure
- Fluency with AP Style
- Proven ability to manage multiple editorial projects at a time while paying attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills
- Excited to grow within a fast-paced, mission-driven, for-purpose social enterprise
- Bonus skills:
- Startup experience
- Leadership and management experience
We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work. We have a flexible and remote working environment, an incredible, mission-driven team & worker friendly culture. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.
Associated topics: article, content, editor, editorial, newsgathering, newsperson, proofread, screenwriter, web, writer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...