Certified Nurse Assistant- part time night shift
Compensation: $69,820.00 - $96,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The purpose of this position is to provide direct care to residents/patients with ADL needs under the direction of a licensed registered nurse and in accordance with facility policies and procedures and to report resident/patient needs and concerns to licensed nurse in a timely and thorough manner.
The intent of this job description is to provide a summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follows established current CNA performance standards and performs duties according to nursing service policies and procedures.
2. Follows written and oral directions.
3. Assists new peer employees in following established facility policies and procedures.
4. Identifies resident/patient problems and concerns and report them immediately to the registered nurse.
5. Completes assignments in a timely, complete and accurate manner.
6. Conducts resident/patient rounds as assigned.
7. Identifies safety hazards and initiates immediate corrective actions and report same to the RN.
8. Attends all in-service or outside classes as assigned and completes assignments cheerfully and with a positive work attitude.
9. Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth.
10. Documents incidents and/or unusual problems according to established facility policy/procedures.
11. Participates in interdisciplinary team and other facility meetings as assigned.
12. Follow facility policies and procedures for admission, discharge and transfer.
13. Completes documentation accurately, timely and thoroughly.
14. Actively listens to resident/patient family concerns and reports problems to the registered nurse.
15. Assures residents/patients have call lights, fluids for hydration needs and other necessary resident/patient items within resident/patient reach.
16. Comes to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
17. Accepts assigned duties in a cooperative and courteous manner.
18. Functions as a role model, resource person and preceptor for orientation of new personnel.
19. Takes and active role in performance improvement activities.
20. Role models the Geriatric Center s core values and customer service behaviors in all interactions.
21. Maintains confidentiality of all material handled including any release of information.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
- Demonstrates/models the Network s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
- Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Other related duties as assigned.
Must be able to:
1. perceive attributes of an object through touch.
2. hear as it relates to normal conversation.
3. see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision.
4. frequently stoop and bend.
5. communicate effectively.
6. move and use hands easily and skillfully while aiding residents/patients.
7. able to withstand stressful situations and deal effectively with them.
8. able to lift and move residents/patients using proper body mechanics.
9. ability to withstand high stress situations.
Applicants will be evaluated through a pre-employment Physical Therapy Back School and Body Mechanics Screen test. Below is a list of the specific tasks and the strength requirements necessary to perform the task.
Leg Lift 80 lbs.
Torso Lift 30 lbs.
Over Head Lift 30 lbs.
Near Waist .. 65 lbs.
Push Out . 30 lbs.POTENTIAL ON-THE-JOB RISKS:
At risk for punctures, being confined to small spaces, slippery surfaces, assault and battery, radiation, chemical and bio-hazards, injuries from operating machinery, burns and back injuries.
Employees who work in patient care areas where they may have potential exposure to patients with suspected or proven tuberculosis (TB) must have the ability to wear a particulate respirator and be fit-tested in compliance with the current recommendations from the CDC (enforced by OSHA) or must provide physician documentation as to the inability to wear a particulate respirator.SPECIFIC PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE:
Not ApplicableMOST COMPLEX DUTY: SUPERVISION RECEIVED BY:
Report resident/patient needs and concerns to a licensed nurse.ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:QUALIFICATIONS)(MINIMUM)EDUCATION:
- High School Graduate or GED required.
- Completion of course for Certified Nursing Assistants.
Day, middle or night shift with varying hours based on the needs of the department.Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care, care unit, hospice, intensive care unit, nurse clinical, recovery, staff nurse, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...