Licensed Practical Nurse (per diem)- Rehabilitation & Nursing Center (SNF)
Compensation: $47,070.00 - $61,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) delivers nursing care for patients across their life span, and through certain aspects of the nursing process including data collection, implementing plan of care as directed, observing, reporting and documenting the effects of care. These nursing functions of the LPN are carried out according to the Pennsylvania Practical Nurse Law, Pennsylvania Code Title 49 Professional & Vocational Standards, hospital policy, the hospital Mission Statement, and the hospital Philosophy of Nursing. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Established and maintains an accurate data base for each patient directed to his/her care.
- Observes and reports general and specific changes in the patient s physical and psychological health status.
- Implements and documents patient care interventions and effectiveness in accordance with the care plan and established policy and procedure.
- Administers medications to patient within scope of practice.
- Functions as a role model and resource person providing guidance to co-workers.
- Maintains responsibility for own personal development through active participation in in-services and/or continuing education programs.
- Participates in identifying unit needs and supports unit goals and objectives that contribute to the growth of the department.
Sit up to 2 hours per day; l hour at a time. Stand for up to 8 hours per day; 4 hours at a time. Walk 6 hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. Consistently lift, carry and push objects up to 10 lbs. Frequently lift, carry and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transport patients weighing up to 250 lbs. via wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher with assistance when appropriate. Consistently pull u p to 10 lbs. frequently pull up to 250 lbs. with assistance when appropriate. Frequently stoop and bend, crouch, kneel and climb. Frequently reach above shoulder level. Occasional crawling. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Frequently finger and handle objects. Occasionally firmly grasp, twist, and turn objects with hands and fingers. Must be able to hear as it relates to general, near, far, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and visual monotony (e.g. computer screen).EDUCATION:
Graduate of licensed practical nursing program.TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of a BLS Course. One year nursing experience preferred. Individualized orientation program.
Basic computer skills, preferred.Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: license, med surg, mtp, nurse iii, nurse iv, nurses, pediatrics, practical, practical nurse, vocational nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...